A fire sparked panic among employees at the Bangladesh Bank headquarters in the capital's Motijheel area on Wednesday.
But the employees of the bank managed to put it out within a short time by spraying water.
"The fire occurred after 1pm. But we managed to put it out before the arrival of the fire service," said Md Serajul Islam, spokesperson and executive director of the central bank.
"There was no casualty. We have still not been able to identify the cause of the fire," he told The Business Standard.
According to eye witnesses, the fire broke out in the northern corner of the 30-storey building on the central bank premises, next to a shop run by a cooperative society of bank employees.
Zahidul Islam, assistant police commissioner of Motijheel zone, said, "It might have occurred from used cigarette filters."
Lima Khanom, control room officer of the fire service, said four firefighting units went to the Bangladesh Bank, and the fire was brought under without any casualty.
Earlier in March 2017, a fire occurred on the central bank's 13th floor of the 30-storey building. Then the fire had originated from an electric kettle as per the primary inquiry by a committee of the central bank.