Caused by an electrical short circuit, the entire factory was soon engulfed in flames
A serious fire broke out in the factory of Zaheen Spinning Limited, a listed company, affecting its production.
The incident took place at around 1am on Thursday at the factory, located in Araihazar of Narayanganj district, said company officials.
Caused by an electrical short circuit, the entire factory was soon engulfed in flames.
Officials said the massive fire damaged the factory's blow room, carding, drawing, simplex, auto cone, generator, AC plant, steel building and shed, and warehouses.
Firefighters from seven units of four fire stations managed to douse the fire after four hours, they said.
The same factory was the site of another fire incident just a year ago, on 22 December 2019, seriously damaging the company.
Zaheen Spinning Limited, a cent percent cotton yarn-producing company, received its listing with the Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) in 2015.
The company registered a loss of Tk38.58 crore In the last fiscal year.
According to company insiders, the fire incident of 2019 and the adverse impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic had forced the company to shut down its factory for around 3 months, leading to a decrease in both sales and profit.