Aklima Akter, 55, succumbed to her injuries at around 7:30 pm on Saturday.
An elderly woman was burned to death while three others of her family were injured in a fire that broke out at a house in Gazipur's Salna area early Saturday.
Aklima Akter, 55, succumbed to her injuries around 7:30 pm at the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) as 95 percent of her body was burned.
The condition of Yakub Ali Monodal, 60, husband of Akilma, is also alarming as he suffered 100 percent burn injuries, said Inspector Bachchu Mia, in-charge of the DMCH police camp.
Aklima’s father-in-law Noor Mohammad, 88, suffered 25 percent burn injuries and her son Swapan Mia, 29, suffered 5 percent.
Zakaria Khan, the station officer of Gazipur Fire Service, said the fire is believed to have originated from gas leakage.
But the locals claimed that the compressor explosion of the refrigerator triggered the fire.