The doping gang secretly drugged the teacher and his family to rob household items
A retired teacher from Satkhira – Asutosh Sadhu – died from poisoning by "Oggan Party" – a doping gang – on Monday night.
The gang on Sunday night secretly drugged their food – said family sources – to rob household items.
Ashutosh, his wife Jhorna Sadhu, and their daughter, unknowingly, ate the food and went to sleep at 9pm.
At 11pm, Ashutosh's wife caught four to five members of the gang sneaking in, and that led to a scuffle.
At that time, Jhorna also noticed Ashutosh foaming from the mouth while he was asleep. She and her daughter fell sick soon, too.
The whole family was taken to Satkhira Sadar Hospital for treatment that night. However, Ashutosh was later transferred to Khulna Medical College Hospital on Monday as his health worsened. He died there at 2am.
Officer-in-charge of Satkhira Sadar Mustafizur Rahman said: "We heard about the incident, but the family is yet to file a complaint."