Tofail Ahmed, the chairman of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Ministry of Commerce, has said that there is no chance to decrease the onion's price until the domestic production increases.
"We produce 60 percent of the onions of the total demand and the rest 40 percent is imported. Ninety percent of the imported onions come from India. But now they have stopped the export. So we have to depend on our own production," he said at a press conference at the Media Centre of the National Parliament today.
Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi was also present at the briefing.