Ninth-grader Rahat died of electrocution during an anniversary event of Kishor Alo at the college on November 1
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said Dhaka Residential College Student Nayeemul Abrar Rahat died due to the negligence of the organisers of the anniversary event of Kishor Alo, a supplement of the Prothom Alo for young readers.
"How they (Prothom Alo) could make such negligence. Did they have any responsibilities to arrange the programme in a proper manner as little students are roaming there. But, they did not pay heed to the matter. This is a serious offence. It can't be tolerated," the premier said today while donating to fund of Bangladesh Journalist Welfare Trust, constituted by the present government to provide journalists with financial support during their needs.
She also criticised the Prothom Alo authority for taking the student in a private hospital in Mohakhali despite having several hospitals such as Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College and Hospital, National Institute of Neurosciences and Hospital and Trauma Centre around the venue.
On November 1, ninth-grader Rahat died of electrocution during an anniversary event of Kishor Alo at the college.
Rahat's father Mujibur Rahman filed a case on November 6 at a Dhaka court accusing Prothom Alo Editor Matiur Rahman, also the publisher of Kishor Alo, and other unidentified people.