Team members will stay in a 14-day quarantine in hotels after completing the 10-day duty, and can spend the next six days with family members after the quarantine is over
The health directorate has asked hospitals to make three teams of healthcare workers that will work for 10 days at a stretch in turns in a bid to reduce the risk of Covid-19 exposure among all officials at a time.
To ensure proper Covid-19 management, smooth healthcare services in hospitals and other healthcare centres, along with ensuring workers' safety, the health directorate in a notice on Sunday issued the following instructions:
1. Hospitals will form three teams that will include the same number of professors, consultants, experts, medical officers, nurses and other service providers.
2. Every team will do their duty for 10 days at a stretch in two or three shifts, meaning they have to work in a 10- or eight-hour shift.
3. The team members will stay in guest houses or hotels during their duty period for the security of their family members. Respective hospital authorities will manage the hotels or guest houses in collaboration with the district committee.
4. After completing the 10-day duty, they will stay in a 14-day quarantine in hotels. They can spend the next six days with family members after the quarantine is over.
5. Another team will start their duty and live in hotels or guest houses while the finishing team will remain in quarantine.
6. Team members will work proportionately under the instruction from the respective institution's chief.
7. Health workers over 50 or expectant mothers will be excluded from the team. They will provide telemedicine services.
8. Physicians from all disciplines will be included in every team.
9. According to the expenditure demand paper from the respective hospital chief, it will be sent to the ministry's quarantine expense fund.
10. The supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) has to be ensured from the medical and surgical requisites (MSR) fund.
11. Healthcare officials will have to maintain the rules of using PPE.
The health directorate said the instructions will have to be implemented immediately to ensure safety of healthcare workers while keeping local assets in consideration.