The medical board had decided that treatment would continue as before. Doses of some drugs have been changed
Former health minister Mohammad Nasim, who tested positive for Covid-19 and suffered a brain hemorrhage, will be kept under life support at the intensive care unit, the medical board which was formed over his treatment took the decision at today's meeting.
His treatment would continue as it had been for past few days as per the decision of the medical board, Professor Dr Raziul Haque, who led the medical team for the brain surgery of the former health minister, told The Business Standard on Monday.
Earlier, the medical board met at 8pm to take a decision on the further course of treatment of the former health minister.
Dr Raziul Haque said, the medical board had decided that treatment would continue as before. Doses of some drugs have been changed.
He further said that the final test to see Mohammad Nasim's 'brain stem function' will not be done now.
Mohammad Nasim is still unconscious and his condition remains unchanged, Dr Raziul added.