Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh said that Mahesh Bhatt, Kangana Ranaut and Karan Johar’s manager have been called in to record their statements in the Sushant Singh Rajput case.
Just days after actor Kangana Ranaut made allegations about Sushant Singh Rajput's death and questioned why the Mumbai police are not summoning certain people of the Hindi film industry, Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh on Sunday said that director Mahesh Bhatt and Karan Johar's manager will be called for questioning.
"Tomorrow Mahesh Bhatt will be called for questioning and we will later call Karan Johar's manager too. If required, Karan Johar can also be called for questioning in Sushant Singh Rajput case," he said while speaking to ANI.
A day after Sushant's suicide, Kangana had released a two-minute video speaking highly of the deceased actor and accusing certain sections of the film industry for not acknowledging the his talent. She had also claimed that some of the last social media posts by the actor made it evident that he was struggling to survive in the industry.
According to the police, statements of 39 people, including film critic Rajeev Masand, director-producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali, and filmmaker Aditya Chopra have been recorded in the investigation so far. Sushant was found dead in his Mumbai residence on June 14.