In a final communiqué issued at the Arab League foreign ministers meeting warned that the US policy shift is posing threat to the security and stability of the region and the world as well
Foreign Minister Prince Faisal Bin Farhan reiterated on November 25 that the Kingdom rejects the new US position on settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories.
Addressing an extraordinary session of the Arab League foreign ministers in Cairo, he emphasized that the Kingdom is firm on its position toward the Palestinian issue, Saudi Gazette reports.
In a final communiqué issued at the end of the meeting, the ministers warned that the position of the US administration of taking unilateral decisions flagrantly contravening the international law and the UN resolutions pertaining to the Palestinian cause is posing threat to the security and stability of the region and the world.
The meeting considered the US decision a premeditated attempt to legitimize and support Israeli settlement on occupied territories, in prejudice to the Arab Initiative, in form and substance, reasserting condemnation of the Israeli illegal and expansionary policy on the occupied Arab Palestinian territories, including East Jerusalem.
Reiterating a call for synergizing Pan-Arab concerted efforts at all levels, the ministers urged governments and civil society organizations to initiate joint action with international partners, in this regard, to hold Israel accountable for its ongoing crime committed against the Palestinians.
They also denounced the latest savagely committed Israeli aggression on Gaza Strip, on November 12, resulting in scores of dead and injured, as well as the Israeli policy of assassination and extra-judicial killing of Palestinians in addition to randomly arresting the civilians as well as shelling and demolishing their homes and infrastructure.
The Arab Foreign ministers held their emergency session to discuss last week's announcement from the US that it no longer considers Israeli settlements to be "inconsistent with international law," shifting four decades of American foreign policy.
Earlier, in his speech, Prince Faisal affirmed the Kingdom's rejection of the new American position towards the Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories. He emphasized that the Kingdom will continue to support Palestine until the Palestinian people attain their rights.
Heading the Saudi delegation to the session, Prince Faisal said the Palestinian issue is close to Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman's heart and the support for Palestine will continue until it gains its rights.
"The Kingdom is committed to finding a just and comprehensive solution to the Palestinian issue and affirms that resolving the Palestinian issue is the main pillar for achieving a comprehensive and lasting peace in the Middle East," he said.
The Kingdom stresses the need for a just and comprehensive solution to the Palestinian issue and insists that resolving the Palestinian issue is the cornerstone of achieving a comprehensive and lasting peace in the Middle East, he said. Saudi Arabia previously issued a statement on Wednesday saying that it completely rejects the Trump administration's new position.
The meeting, chaired by Iraqi Foreign Minister Mohamed Ali Alhakim, was held at the headquarters of the General Secretariat of the Arab League. The meeting discussed how to deal with the American aggressive move towards the Palestinian people, which violates the international laws and legitimacy as an attempt to legalize Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories.
For his part, the Arab League Secretary-General Ahmed Aboul Gheit said the US decision is unfortunate and has a negative impact on any prospect for achieving peace in the future, saying that the US administration ended its role as a mediator in peace negotiations.
Palestinian Foreign Minister Riyad Al-Maliki said the Trump administration was trying to strengthen the US president's electoral prospects at the expense of the Palestinian people. "The US decision is illegal, but it confirms Washington's support for the occupation state," he added.