The US president said that he would make a statement Wednesday morning
US president Donald Trump on Tuesday tweeted from his official Twitter account "All is well!" and "so far, so good," after Iran launched ballistic missiles at US and coalition forces in Iraq, reports NBC.
"Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good!" the president tweeted.
Trump also said he would make a statement Wednesday morning.
Iran launched more than a dozen ballistic missiles that targeted at least two Iraqi military bases hosting US and coalition forces in Iraq.
However, there was no official word whether there had been any casualties.
The strikes come less than a week after a US airstrike killed Iranian Major General Qasem Soleimani.
These bases have been on high alert due to indications that the Iranian regime planned to attack our forces and interests in the region," Jonathan Hoffman, assistant to the secretary of US Department of Defense for Public Affairs, said in the Pentagon statement.