Bangladesh Legal Aid and Services Trust (BLAST)
Project Manager, AJH Project
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||28 February, 2021|
- The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall management of the project. S/he will provide direction for project planning, implementation, management, administration and finances, including in the monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the project. S/he will provide support to the field staffs in the areas of social mobilization and advocacy at local level. S/he will ensure that the project implementation plans are developed and executed effectively and on time. S/he will ensure necessary support for all team members so that project outputs/deliverables can be achieved on time. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensure progress and quality monitoring systems for the project.
- S/he will ensure proper talent management, talent review, staff development, and talent retention and uphold BLAST`s approach to gender and diversity, core values and the basic principles, followed by BLAST.
- Covid Context: On 18 March 2020, the IEDCR, Bangladesh confirmed the first death from Covid-19; according to government information, till 18 May 2020, Bangladesh recorded X confirmed cases and X reported deaths. The Government declared a general holiday which has been extended periodically and is now due to end on 30th May: intercity transport is suspended, movements are restricted except for essential services, and offices, educational institutions and factories have been closed across the country. Parliament has sat on only one day and Courts have been largely suspended until the virtual courts opened to a limited extent in the last week.
- BLAST closed its main offices following the government instructions, but has staff continued to work from home as far as possible providing advice and information, online mediation, support to clients released from prisons, coordination with other legal services groups including on dv response, and use of the virtual courts, and related advocacy with the courts and law enforcing agencies, the NLASO and NHRC.
- Design and prepare action plan and implement the project activities, in accordance with the organizational plans and donor requirements.
- To ensure an online infrastructural system to be in place - currently not in place at district level while hiring a trainer to train them as soon as the infrastructural system will be developed
- Maintaining a committee at the divisional level under the CIDV platform
- Strengthening the DURBAR network
- Developing an online training module on mental health and psychosocial counselling
- Engaging an adviser for mental health and psychosocial counselling support
- Set up quarantine and isolation centres for frontline health workers
- Construct WASH facilities
- Train volunteers to engage in awareness campaigns
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports periodically and as per need.
- Contribute to periodic project reports and event reports as required.
- Determine appropriate monitoring/evaluation methods for individual approaches.
- Identify indicators related to each selected approach.
- Develop data collection/evaluation methods and ensure appropriate tools/techniques.
- Ensure data collection, compilation, analysis and documentation.
- Monitor targets and track progress, both in terms of budget and implementation plan.
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports under the overall guidance of the Deputy Director, Programme
- Maintain regular contact with donor and appropriate stakeholders particularly in government, NGOs and communities.
- Maintain and strengthen existing partnerships through networking with the organizations and representing the organization and the project in particular.
- Ensuring dissemination of information on legal rights and enable broader awareness campaigns around the risks of and prevention of SGBV including DV via social media i.e. Facebook live and question-answer sessions by the paralegals and staff lawyers, legal advisors, develop short videos on legal remedy through BLAST's YouTube channels and publicize via other social media (Facebook, Twitter, Radio and private TV station
- Online advocacy and coordination meetings with different government bodies i.e. police, UNO, DC, and ward councillors on activation of police responses, use of virtual court for legal aid clients, communication with VSCs / OCCs
- Ensuring that concerned legal wing would be providing legal advice on Covid-19 via popular radio channels, Facebook live events with media partners including leading newspapers, and hotline numbers included on scrolls on news broadcasts. It will continue these initiatives including localized district level events cascading these conversations down into communities.
- Maintain that BLAST will broadcast information and create awareness related to the covid response, and prepare and develop more project staff, paralegal, and self-help groups who will support 24/7 through Helpline number and act as a coordinator with the local administration and legal authorities in case of emergency. BLAST will also liaise with local cable network channels those will disseminate information on Covid-19, and BLAST's online activities.
- Maintaining regular Online communications and legal rights awareness materials, : Expand hotline, set up the call centre to expand for legal advice and referral, Tech support for online legal empowerment and advocacy, Holding online mediations during the lockdown, Communicate with clients for needs assessment and to provide information related to COVID-19 and S GBV through mobile and digital communications
- Ensure that all the positions in the project are filled with skilled staff in a timely manner, and are being served with adequate guidance so that they can perform their jobs properly.
- Ensure timely performance planning and appraisal as per BLAST policy and keep close relation to HO HR Cell.
- Follow up staff performance and provide support for quality performance and staff development.
- Provide continuous support and develop supporting working environment in the team where all the team members can contribute their best.
- Ensure the staff based in the project areas are adequately supported and motivated through proper logistic and mentoring support.
- Develop team spirit and cooperative attitudes among project personnel.
- Check and approve all related travel expenses report, bill, vouchers, staff leave, and purchases with the help of relevant cell in HO.
- Masters in Social Science/Law or any relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years' experience in NGO or development organizations.
- Should have excellent experience in managing project activities
- Should be an outcome-oriented person.
- Good knowledge in project planning, budgeting, staff management and relevant task for managing project.
- Good in communication both in English and Bangla.
- Good computer skill in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
- Costs in relation to any fieldwork will be borne by the organization. Salary and Benefits and allowances: commensurate with experience and project design.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Weekly 2 holidays
- Lunch Facilities: Partially Subsidize