Former Bangladesh skipper was picked as a wicket-keeper batsman.
As the year and decade nearing its end, sports outlets all-over the world are publishing their team of the year and decade. Last evening Shakib Al Hasan was picked by Wisden for their ODI XI of the decade, Monday it was Mushfiqur Rahim's turn.
Australian broadcasters, Fox Cricket has announced their Test team of the decade and they have selected the diminutive veteran as their wicket-keeper batsman.
Mushfiqur amassed 2860 runs at an average of 40.85 with six centuries in the decade.
He was the fourth-highest run-getter amongst the wicket-keeper batsmen, behind only AB de Villiers (1970 at 59.69), Dinesh Chandimal (1602 at 41.07) and BJ Watling (3195 at 42.60). But Mushfiqur was chosen as he had more impact on his team than the other three.
Fox Cricket stated, " No side has improved more than Bangladesh this decade. Once the easy beats of world cricket, Bangladesh became a genuine force at home and fierce competitor away this decade, registering its first-ever wins over Australia, England, and Sri Lanka. Alongside Tamim Iqbal and Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur has been central to that transformation."
Fox Stated that they also would have chosen Shakib Al Hasan for the XI, but as the ace all-rounder was suspended, they barred from doing so.
The best Test xi of the decade according to Fox Cricket:
1. Alastair Cook (England) - 8818 runs 46.51. 23 centuries
2. David Warner (Australia) - 7009 runs at 48.33. 23 centuries
3. Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka) - 4851 runs at 61.40. 17 centuries
4. Steve Smith (Australia) - 7072 runs at 63.14. 26 centuries
5. Virat Kohli (India) - 7202 runs at 54.97. 27 centuries
6. AB de Villiers (South Africa) - 5059 runs at 57.48. 13 centuries
7. Mushfiqur Rahim (Bangladesh) - 2860 at 40.85. Six centuries
8. Ravichandran Ashwin (India) - 362 wickets at 25.36. 27 five-wicket hauls
9. Dale Steyn (South Africa) - 267 wickets at 22.29. 15 five-wicket hauls
10. James Anderson (England) - 427 wickets at 24.19. 20 five-wicket hauls
11. Kagiso Rabada (South Africa) - 183 wickets at 22.50. 9 five-wicket hauls