The post mortem report reveals the immediate cause of death as “cardiogenic shock/septicemic shock” due to “cardio-pulmonary disease”, according to the Uttar Pradesh government.
On Sunday evening, 24 hours after taking a Covid vaccine, a 46-year-old government hospital employee in India's Uttar Pradesh died.
The Chief Medical Officer of the district has said the death is not linked to vaccination, NDTV reports.
Ward Boy Mahipal Singh died after complaining of chest congestion and breathlessness. He had been unwell previous to the jab, according to his relatives.
"He was vaccinated on Saturday around noon. On Sunday he felt breathless and complained of chest congestion. We are inquiring into the reasons for death. We will get a post mortem done. It does not seem to be a reaction to vaccination. He did night duty on Saturday too and there were no problems," MC Garg, Moradabad's chief medical officer, told NDTV late last night.
The post mortem report reveals the immediate cause of death as "cardiogenic shock/septicemic shock" due to "cardio-pulmonary disease", according to the Uttar Pradesh government.
His son told the media that he may have been unwell previous to the vaccine, but that after getting the injection, he felt worse.
"My father left the vaccination centre around 1.30 pm, I brought him home. He was feeling breathless and he was coughing. He had a bit of pneumonia, the usual cough and cold, but he started feeling worse after returning home," Mahipal Singh's son Vishal told the media.
The UP government said in a press release that on Saturday, day 1 of India's Covid Vaccination campaign, it vaccinated 22,643 individuals.