Even some courts, which were operating on a limited scale for emergency trials, would also be closed
The Supreme Court has decided not to proceed with any case, considering the safety and security of all concerned on the court premises during the coronavirus crisis.
Even some courts, which were operating on a limited scale for emergency trials, would also be closed.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the Chief Justice with the Appellate Division justices on Saturday.
Supreme Court spokesperson and High Court Division special officer Md Saifur Rahman said, due to this decision, none of the courts will proceed with any cases till April 25.
Supreme Court Registrar General Md Ali Akbar in a notice said all courts have been declared on leave till April 25 as a precautionary measure to tackle and prevent the spread of coronavirus nationwide.
The chief Justice in a discussion with the Appellate Division justices decided that, if the courts proceed with even short operations it would require the presence of judges, lawyers and others concerned on the court premises, which would not be prudent.
In continuation of the previously issued notice by the Supreme Court on April 4, the latest notice states that the effectiveness of the order for criminal cases in which the accused has been granted bail till a certain time will be taken for granted as extended to two weeks from the date of opening of the court.
The same decision will also apply to the cases in which the subordinate court has granted bail on the condition of surrender or in cases where for a specificsuspension periodhas been ordered.