Each and every person responsible for the Narayanganj mosque explosion will be brought under speedy trial, CID says
The condition of five victims of the Narayanganj Mosque explosion is improving gradually, but they are not out of danger yet, Dr Partha Shankar Pal, resident physician of Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery, says.
"We cannot say that the five burn victims, now undergoing treatment at the intensive care unit (ICU) of the institute, are out of danger because their respiratory systems have been badly burned," he said.
"We are providing them world class treatment," Dr Partha Shankar Pal told the media on Saturday.
Meanwhile, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Md Mainul Hasan has said that each and every person responsible for the Narayanganj mosque explosion will be brought under speedy trial based on evidence received during the investigation.
"We will finish the investigation with the highest level of professionalism and skills," he said while talking to the media after inspecting Pashchim Talla Baitus Salat Mosque in Narayanganj, the accident spot.
"After completion of the investigation, we will submit the report to a lower court," said the DIG, who, along with his team, inspected the mosque around 11:00am on Saturday.
"Investigators will talk to local people. After collecting the evidence, we will examine it at the forensic department, he said.
The blast took place at the mosque in Narayanganj's Fatullah area during Isha prayers on September 4, leaving 38 people injured. Of them, 31 have succumbed to injuries so far.