He is also coworker of the first Bangladeshi, who was found infected with coronavirus in Singapore
Another Bangladeshi worker has been infected with coronavirus in Singapore.
The 39-year-old man is the second Bangladeshi to be tested positive with coronavirus on February 10 afternoon. He is also coworker of the first Bangladeshi who was found infected with coronavirus in Singapore on February 9.
According to the Singapore's Ministry of Health, the second Bangladesh national who is a Singapore Work Pass holder, and has no recent travel history to China. He is currently warded in an isolation room at National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID).
He reported onset of symptoms on February 6, and sought treatment at a GP clinic on February 7. He went to NCID on February 10, and test results confirmed 2019-nCoV infection on February 10 afternoon.
Prior to hospital admission, he had gone to work at 10 Seletar Aerospace Heights, the same location where the first Bangladeshi, to be diagnosed with coronavirus, had worked. He reported that he had stayed at his rental apartment at Veerasamy Road since the onset of symptoms, except to visit the GP clinic.
Earlier on February 9, a Bangladeshi worker was diagnosed with coronavirus in Singapore.
To date, a total of nine cases have fully recovered from the infection and have been discharged from hospital in Singapore. Of the 38 confirmed cases who are still in hospital, most are stable or improving. Seven are in critical condition in the intensive care unit.
As of February 11, 608 of the suspect cases have tested negative for 2019-nCoV, and 47 have tested positive in the country. Test results for the remaining 43 cases are pending.
The coronavirus that believed to have originated late last year in a seafood market in China's Wuhan city which has spread to Chinese cities including Beijing and Shanghai, as well as the United States, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, Australia, France, Canada and India.
The number of deaths in China's central Hubei province from the coronavirus outbreak rose by 94 to 1,068 as of Tuesday, the province's health commission said in a statement on its website on Wednesday.
A further 1,638 new cases were detected in Hubei, the epicenter of the outbreak, the lowest since Jan. 31, when 1,347 new cases were reported.
World Health Organization (WHO) has warned of a global threat potentially worse than terrorism. The world must "wake up and consider this enemy virus as public enemy number one," WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters, adding the first vaccine was 18 months away.