Bangladesh Legal Aid and Services Trust (BLAST)
Project Manager, SUROKKHA
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||28 February, 2021|
- The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall management of the project. S/he will provide direction for project planning, implementation, management, administration and finances, including in the monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the project. S/he will provide support to the field staffs in the areas of social mobilization and advocacy at the local level. S/he will ensure that the project implementation plans are developed and executed effectively and on time. S/he will ensure necessary support for all team members so that project outputs/deliverables can be achieved on time. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring progress and quality monitoring systems for the project.
- S/he will ensure proper talent management, talent review, staff development, talent retention and uphold BLAST`s approach to gender and diversity, core values and the basic principles, followed by BLAST.
- Design and prepare an action plan and implement the project activities, in accordance with the organizational plans and donor requirements.
- Lead, guide and support project staff on implementation of the project activities.
- Undertake and manage diverse activities and priorities, including field program operations and ensure community-led implementation and team approach.
- Visit project areas and other BLAST offices and attend workshops and seminars regularly.
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports periodically and as per need.
- Contribute to periodic project reports and event reports as required.
- Determine appropriate monitoring/evaluation methods for individual approaches.
- Identify indicators related to each selected approach.
- Develop data collection/evaluation methods and ensure appropriate tools/techniques.
- Ensure data collection, compilation, analysis and documentation.
- Monitor targets and track progress, both in terms of budget and implementation plan.
- Maintain regular contact with donor and appropriate stakeholders particularly in government, NGOs and communities.
- Maintain and strengthen existing partnerships through networking with the organizations and representing the organization and the project in particular.
- Ensure that all the positions in the project are filled with skilled staff in a timely manner, and are being served with adequate guidance so that they can perform their jobs properly.
- Ensure timely performance planning and appraisal as per BLAST policy and keep close relation to HO HR Cell.
- Follow up on staff performance and provide support for quality performance and staff development.
- Provide continuous support and develop a supportive working environment in the team where all the team members can contribute their best.
- Ensure the staff based in the project areas are adequately supported and motivated through proper logistic and mentoring support.
- Develop team spirit and cooperative attitudes among project personnel.
- Check and approve all related travel expenses report, bill, vouchers, staff leave, and purchases with the help of relevant cell in HO.
- Masters in Social Science/Law or any relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years' experience in NGO or development organizations.
- Should have excellent experience in managing project activities
- Should be an outcome-oriented person.
- Good knowledge in project planning, budgeting, staff management and relevant task for managing project.
- Good in communication both in English and Bangla.
- Good computer skill in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Weekly 2 holidays
- Lunch Facilities: Partially Subsidize
- Costs in relation to any fieldwork will be borne by the organization.
- Salary and Benefits and allowances: commensurate with experience and project design.