Bangladesh Legal Aid and Services Trust (BLAST)
Senior Advocacy Officer, ELM Project
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||28 February, 2021|
- The Senior Advocacy Officer will provide support to ensure day to day BLAST`s advocacy functions and run those functions effectively to build strong advocacy networks. More specifically, s/he will support in managing advocacy strategic to increase BLAST`s visibility among external audiences, NGOS, Civil Society, the media, government agencies, and the corporate communities. S/he will be responsible to assist Advocacy & Communication for developing and implementing a comprehensive Advocacy strategy to promote BLAST`s activities and organizational principles. Through networking, building of external relationships s/he will ensure that the BLAST is directly engaged in dialogue and discussions to influence policy and practices in relation to the activities BLAST work with. S/he will prepare concept notes, background documents and presentations for different advocacy events. Also, should perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor/BLAST management.
- Prepare designs and plans for advocacy especially focus on ELM Project.
- Prepare concept notes, background documents and presentations for different advocacy events.
- Assist to organizing seminars, workshops and lectures, including correspondence with speakers, press and participants.
- Collect and maintain documentation on key policy and legal changes relevant to the organization's advocacy activities and plans.
- Prepare monthly, the quarterly, half-yearly and annual report regarding advocacy activities
- Will be responsible for assisting in identifying socio-legal research issues arising from the community and other consultations, organizing seminars, workshops and lectures, including correspondence with speakers, press and participants;
- Review all BLAST's documents, develop advocacy materials and the lessons learned from BLAST's activities and different projects specially ELM and assist to develop the advocacy strategies and operational guidelines.
- Unpack the technical issues and suggestions of way forward around the selected advocacy topics, and bring these to the BLAST Management at which time plans will be developed to best implement of agreed initiatives. Provide support to implement advocacy related actions as agreed by the BLAST management.
- Assisting in maintaining internal and external communications, including with government ministries and agencies, the judiciary, the media, national and international organizations relating to advocacy; coordinating with other networks and organizations regarding press releases or preparation of advocacy campaigns..
- Assist in maintaining internal and external communications, including with government ministries and agencies, judges, lawyers, academics, the media, national and international organizations, different communities relating to advocacy.
- Actively participate and represent the organization in various networks and movements.
- Update contacts for advocacy on our core areas of work.
- Ensure accurate and updated maintenance of files including electronic files on all advocacy initiatives.
- Keep all advocacy-related documents properly and assist to ensure those as and when required.
- Ensure proper recording and placement of books, journals, newspapers, reports and other publications, photographs, and slides in a proper place.
- Record and maintain minutes of advocacy meetings, and relevant materials.
- Masters in Law or Social Sciences from any reputed university/institution.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in the relevant field.
- Experience in policy advocacy.
- Good networking with different forums, electronic and print Media.
- Excellent facilitation skill.
- Good writing skills both in English and Bengali.
- Good in communication both in English and Bangla.
- Good computer skill in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Technical know-how
- Linkage and Network
- Facilitation skill
- Costs in relation to any fieldwork will be borne by the organization. Salary and Benefits and allowances: commensurate with experience and project design.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Weekly 2 holidays
- Lunch Facilities: Partially Subsidize